EMEG maintains a coastal sanctuary and reserve on the western border of Dubai. The area is used as a base to develop and organize educational day trips for school, community and corporate groups to increase awareness and understanding of the different threats the environmental faces. EMEG also emphasizes the cultural heritage of the UAE and its traditional values and skills.
Groups may arrange a trip on any weekday to visit our Reserve and take part in a variety of activities to gain a deeper understanding of the UAE’s environment, its culture and traditions.
Under the guidance of the EMEG staff, participants can take part in the following activities during their visit:
- Feeding Hamour
- Traditional Games
- Discussions on Local Heritage and Culture
- Mangrove Relay
- Mangrove Rehabilitation
- Beach Clean up
- Art creations from collected waste
- Audio-Visual Presentations
- Bird watching
- Canoe and swimming activities
- Natural history scavenger hunts
Please note that visits must be booked at least two weeks in advance (you may refer to the Bookings calendar for available dates) and that the EMEG Reserve is only accessible to groups who have pre-booked their trips. Please refer to the guidelines below when planning for your trip.
For more information on EMEG, our educational program, the activities we offer, or if you would like to arrange a visit to the Reserve, please contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING WHEN ARRANGING YOUR ACTIVITY AGENDA:
- Maximum number of participants per event: Forty (excluding teachers or helpers).
- Minimum number of participants per event: Ten (excluding teachers or helpers).
- Opening and closing time of Ghantoot reserve: From 9:00 to 14:00.
- Activity days open to the public: Weekdays only except for special events*.
- Minimum age of participant: 6 years
- Lunch and/or breaks are recommended every two to three activities.
- Snacks, water, tea and coffee will be provided by EMEG. Participants may bring their lunch.
– Please note that a liability form will be e-mailed to you. All participants must sign the form in order to proceed with the event.
– For security reasons a visitors request form will be sent and should be sent at least one day before the arrival to the reserve.
*To organize a special event please visit our booking page.